The roller was also in need of a slip cover. I needed a cord to act as a drawstring, so I used my lucet to whip up two quick cords. Read more about lucetting here and here. The slip cover was sewn as a tube with channels for the drawstrings on the inside. I sewed the drawstring in as I went, rather than try to thread it in after the fact.
The result: one spiffy looking slip cover.
With the big slipcover (mostly) finished (I still need to sew on some velcro to hold down the opening flap), I decided that I was mostly ready to start making lace.
*side note* I'll cover in another post, but I made an attempt to make a bolster style pillow as well - unfortunately it didn't work out to the point where it could functional.y make lace.
Before I started pricking my pattern, I decided to use up some of the scrap wool fabric and make a pin cushion from the wool and a clean mini cat food can (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle friends)
Welcome to the SCA blog of Lady Jane Caldwell. Lady Jane plays in 1534 and is interested in early period lace. Lady Jane hails from the Barony of Skraeling Althing in Ealdormere. Lady Jane is also a clothes whore who will wear clothing from multiple periods to either feel pretty or feel comfortable.